Small incisions (portals) are made around the joint. The scope and surgical instruments will go into these incisions.
Questions For Your Doctor
1. What guidelines should I follow prior to my procedure? Will I need other tests or evaluations before the procedure?
2. Which type of repair will you perform and why is it the appropriate procedure for my condition?
3. What will happen if I don’t undergo the procedure now?
4. How long will the procedure last and will I be under anesthesia?
5. Will I have dressings, bandages, or stitches after surgery? When should they be removed?
6. Will I be given medication after surgery? What tips do you have for me to ease discomfort?
7. How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery? Are there special instructions for eating, sleeping, or bathing?
8. When can I return to work, resume normal activity, drive, and exercise?
9. Will I need to come back for appointments after the surgery?
10. Will I have scars? Are the results permanent?