LOOSE BODY REMOVAL
Loose Bodies Introduction
Loose bodies are another name for free floating pieces of debris in the joint. They are tissues that have torn away from their original location and move around the joint causing pain, swelling and locking.
Questions For Your Doctor
1. What guidelines should I follow prior to my procedure? Will I need other tests or evaluations before the procedure?
2. Which type of repair will you perform and why is it the appropriate procedure for my condition?
3. What will happen if I don’t undergo the procedure now?
4. How long will the procedure last and will I be under anesthesia?
5. Will I have dressings, bandages, or stitches after surgery? When should they be removed?
6. Will I be given medication after surgery? What tips do you have for me to ease discomfort?
7. How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery? Are there special instructions for eating, sleeping, or bathing?
8. When can I bear full weight on the surgical side after the procedure?
9. When can I return to work, resume normal activity, drive, and exercise?
10. Will I need to come back for appointments after the surgery?